The Order of the Daughters of the King, Inc was founded in the Episcopal Church in 1885. Our Founder, Margaret J. Franklin envisioned the mission of the order to be the extension of Christ's Kingdom through prayer, service and evangelism.
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, our current vision as Daughters of the King is to know Jesus Christ, to make known to others, and to become reflections of God's love throughout the worlds.
Rule of Life
Daughters of the King, in a lifetime vow, pledge to undertake a spiritual discipline that incorporates a Rule of Life through the Rule of Prayer and the Rule of Service.
Our Rule of Prayer
This lifetime vow is fulfilled by praying daily for:
* Unity in Christ's Church; the spread of Christ's Kingdom;
* God's blessings upon members of the Order;
* Spiritual growth of the parish and guidance from the Holy Spirit for the clergy
Our Rule of Service
The Rule of Service is the application of one's batismal vow lived through:
* Faithful efforts for the extension of His Kingdon;
* Participation in worship and study
* Assistance to the clergy in the work of the Church
Please see About DOK for more information.